De-a Arhitectura began with the thought of making architecture and environment education available for as many children as possible. Our courses started in several classes in Bucharest in September 2012 and are now held annually in over 100 classes across the country, mostly in state schools. We have built a serious organization, we are partners of the two professional organizations of Romanian architects, OAR (Architects Order of Romania) and UAR (Union of Architects in Romania), we collaborate with teachers and researchers in the education sciences, we have as a group the confidence of hundreds of volunteers and the experience of thousands of children attending our courses.
On this page, we gather all the interesting resources for teachers who are interested in bringing the De-a arhitectura courses to class or use the built environment as a learning resource for all subjects. It is a useful page for teachers who are interested in project learning and multidisciplinarity.
In short, at De-a Arhitectura you will find:
- EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS taking place in schools (here details of the training programs the De-a Arhitectura Association offers to those who teach the courses):
- courses for preparatory classes, 1st and 2nd grade + online training program for the tutors of the “De-a Arhitectura MINI” course (the course can be taught as an optional or extra curricular course);
- courses for 3rd and 4th grade (can be taught as optional or extra curricular);
- courses for secondary and high school (can be taught as optional or extra curricular);
- activities for preschoolers of perception and understanding of the built space;
- after-school modules.
- Workshops and conferences organized for the Săptămâna Şcoala Altfel.
- Free RESOURCES for teachers (mostly in Romanian):
- The opportunity to attend CONFERENCES dedicated to children’s educational architecture and information in the field of non-formal education, De-a arhitectura TALKS.
- The PLAY PAGE that you can use in classroom activities with students.
- Weekend Workshops at the De-a arhitectura club, which you can recommend to your parents.
Keep up with the De-a arhitectura news about our activities – subscribe to The Monthly Dose of De-a arhitectura a newsletter you can subscribe to on the main page or ask to subscribe at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying your occupation and the place you live in.
To get an idea about the way the De-a arhitectura in my city classes work, here you can find a series of movies with demostrative lessons.